Responsible for design, architecture. provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance support of systems hardware, software, infrastructure and applications in an enterprise environment.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Customer Service
- Respond to requests for assistance within established SLAs.
- Participate in after-hours, on-call support rotation.
- Create project plans within identified PM toolset. Identifies all resources, objectives, subtasks and timelines.
- Create and maintain technical documentation including standard operating procedures, user guides, knowledge base articles, diagrams and system configurations.
- Document all support-related activities and report issues using the ticket management system.
- Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates the ability to conduct productive discussions and clearly present an idea or concept so others understand.
- Architecture and solutions design
- Extensive understanding and knowledge to perform as a subject matter expert
- Lead community of practice
- Collaborate across IT functional teams to resolve complex issues or assigned tasks as well as design, evaluate, implement, and maintain approved modifications to systems and services.
- Perform daily system monitoring, server integrity checks, review system and application logs, and verify scheduled job completion (e.g., backups, batch processing, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with security policies and procedures for all systems administered.
- Manage the service catalog of enterprise infrastructure hardware and software including corresponding licenses.
- Evaluate completed work requests to assess resolution, identify recurring problems, and initiate corrective action. and initiate corrective action.
- Review change controls for accuracy.
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and standards that can potentially benefit the company
- Identify key gaps in technical and procedural knowledge and create action plans for continued professional development.
Associate's degree; Bachelor's degree preferred, plus minimum of 7 years' relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Variable work hours, including evenings and weekends, may be required due to the nature of installed technologies and utilization requirements. Required:
Must be comfortable with change, close collaboration, and have conflict resolution skills.
Knowledge of or willingness to learn Agile / DevOps values.
Proficiency in at least three functional areas (i.e., Batch, Database, Firewalls, Middleware, Java Programming, Network, Windows Server, Shared Services, Storage).
Background in deploying and maintaining Linux servers and web applications and database services.
Scripting and Automation.
Routing and Switching network skills with a working knowledge and understanding of TCP / IP core protocols and functions.
Active Directory Services; Active Directory Group Policy Objects; Group Policy Management Console; DHCP; DNS.
Demonstrated knowledge of security protocols and practices.
Ability to train others in applications, operating systems fundamentals and advanced concepts. Preferred:
Any combination will be considered relevant:
Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Experience with multiple operating systems or expert knowledge in one.
Experience with managing an integrated computing environment spanning cloud and on premise.
Experience with networked environments.
Experience with network storage solutions.
Experience with complex application interoperation and configuration.
Apache, Tomcat, Pivotal, JMS, and IIS
Experience with NPM/APM monitoring & diagnostic tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Orion and Wireshark
VMware management tools (vCenter, vRealize Operations, VMware Configuration Manager)
Experience with middleware and infrastructure.
Experience with enterprise backup solutions.
F5 Load Balancers
VOIP - Avaya
skills: Cisco Nexus
Cisco switching and routing
Experience with firewalls,
This person will be a tier 3 escalation point, and do on-call work
Will also require minor travel to data center and call center
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.