Our highly recognized client is a global firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application.
We are looking to hire software engineers to work in our clients research department. These developers will be responsible for designing and implementing proprietary systems and tools that drive the quantitative strategy research and implementation that powers our client. Our development teams are small, motivated, and highly productive. Collaborating side-by-side with researchers and portfolio analysts, you will become intimately familiar with the investment philosophy which drives the business.
location: Greenwich, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
As a software engineer in research you will build or extend our:
- Proprietary portfolio construction and optimization techniques
- Global asset risk estimation system incorporating millions of data points
- Intuitive research APIs leveraging cloud computing and cutting-edge visualizations
- High-performance historical simulation engine
- Workflow platform using services, messaging, and graph-based dependency awareness
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Outstanding coding, debugging, and analytical skills
- An aptitude for mathematics
- An interest in quantitative finance (no finance / trading experience required)
- Experience with Python / NumPy / pandas or similar quantitative stack is a plus
- Demonstrated contributions to open-source software is also a plus
- Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.