(Hadoop) Solution Architect
(Hadoop) Solution Architect
The candidate filling this role is expected to take the lead in gaining technical understanding of Big Data technologies and in particular gain working technical knowledge of managing massive volumes of data leveraging Hadoop, Spark and ElasticSearch. This role will be working hands on to develop proofs-of-concepts (POC) to identify viable options for implementing a particular data management need. This role will also pass on the learning to peers for knowledge sharing.
location: Brentwood, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Provide strategic and architectural direction to address unique business problems.
- Provide System design and models (e.g. domain-driven design, data modeling, and REST API design) to the development teams as well as presenting to Architectural Committees.
- Developing Knowledge base articles.
- Work with business groups to understand requirements, workflows and system trade-offs.
- Assist development teams in migrating applications into Azure.
- Provide a feedback loop to the development
- Work with internal business partners and technical analysts to understand business problems and requirements to design and build solutions
- Document solution architecture using current tools and methodologies( Visio and other derivations of UML diagrams)
- Present solution architecture, models, diagrams to dev teams, architecture review board, and technical leadership.
- Mentor dev teams on tools and technologies, patterns etc
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing, operational data stores, and large scale architecture and implementation.
- 4+ years of experience in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem - Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, etc.
- 1+ Hands-on experience with Scala or Python or R.
- 1 + years of Experience in cloud environment consulting services, including such areas as system design and architecture, hardware and software evaluations, systems management, and systems migration and implementation methods.
- 1+ years' experience with at least one set of deployment tools, such as Jenkins, Chef, etc.
- 4+ years' experience with SQL Data Warehouse or a similar Data warehousing tool
- 2+ years' experience in understanding of ETL, data engineering life cycle development and system design life-cycle.
skills: Preferred Qualifications:
Healthcare Industry experience
- Experience with large product integrations and performance enhancements
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data (multi-terabyte to petabyte range)
- Familiarity with common networking and security standards (e.g., CIDR, OAuth 2.0, etc
- A strong understanding of data analytics and visualization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience with enterprise application architecture and enterprise integration patterns
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.