Performance Test Lead
The Lead Performance Test lead is responsible for providing technical expertise and strategic direction to the organization in the area of application performance solutions. Initially the lead will partner with a specialized contractor who is doing this role and take over the tasks from the contractor by 1/1/2019.This role will contribute to the planning, execution, analysis, and tuning efforts to deliver high-performing end to end applications based in java, micro service, edi and MDM platforms.
location: Horsham, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Overall responsibility of Performance Engineering and Performance Testing Tasks for engaged projects - including strategy, estimation, planning, execution oversight, metrics reporting and risk management.
- Provides subject matter expertise in performance monitoring, tuning, analysis and diagnostics
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with Development, Project Management and Users to foster a team environment.
- Manage, Train and Recruit (as needed) Performance Engineers
- Partners with the application architects to identify specific infrastructure components (hardware, software, database, etc.) for architectural and tuning improvements; define and document volumetric requirements across a variety of functional domains.
- Partners with key stakeholders to conduct code reviews, technical specification reviews and define architecture to improve network and system performance
- Conducts technical assessment as part of a proof of concept
- Develops and communicates performance, load and stress testing goals, priorities, and status.
- Performs software system performance analysis, including analysis of application design, coding, and validation of performance results; ensures all test specifications are implemented correctly
- Develops metrics for monitoring increased performance and scalability.
- Provides guidance for performance test initiatives that take a true end-to-end focus on ensuring client side, server tiers, database and data integration jobs are performing as expected
- Conducts performance prototyping, system capacity modeling and projections, performance driven design, application profiling and base-lining to measure and improve system performance
- Troubleshoots performance, load , and stress testing through analysis of system design/coding
- Evaluate and research emerging performance tuning methodologies, monitoring tools, processes and technologies
- Proactively develops and implements organization-wide quality process initiatives to manage and improve infrastructure performance.
- Recommends best practices and ensure adherence to the best practices
- Provides training/mentoring/educating of team members
- Provides oversight and guidance in the formal test execution process
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Performance test lead
- 10+ years of experience in designing, developing Performance Test strategy using industry standard tools such as Loadrunner, JMETER,
- Experience with cloud based performance test services
- Development skills in Java/J2EE frameworks required, 2+ years preferred.
- Experience in a Scaled Agile environment.
- Experience with multiple architecture, technology testing and with complex projects.
- Strong experience in working with system analysts and business partners to establish response time and TPS requirements and creating tests that accurately measure against them
- Ability to give detailed analysis of client side performance of both web and data warehouse applications
- Must have: experience with performance diagnostics, performance architecture design, performance tuning, performance monitoring, capacity planning, and/or software development in a n-tier environment
- Experience designing discipline that resolves critical and complex application performance issues. Identifies and drives optimization changes in the application design to improve customer experience for mission/business critical IT applications
- Experience establishing Performance Planning Strategy that outlines Current Production Workload distribution, Performance Requirements and Test/Production Environment Requirements and Performance Optimization results
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems in high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Very good understanding of networking and architectural frameworks and methodologies, a working knowledge of design and implementation of systems software as well as the internals of the system in order to produce the best possible system availability and performance.
- Hands on experience with various APM tools such as App Dynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic etc.
- Experienced in creating Performance Engineering strategies, assessing and defining Non Functional Requirements, Designing Workload Model by analyzing production statistics
- Communicates effectively and has the ability to influence others
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Current with industry trends in performance and load testing tools, processes and techniques.
- Experience managing resources directly, onshore/offshore and in a matrixed model.
- Experience working in a global team in a vendor dependent model
skills: JMETER, Java, J2EE, Loadrunner, cloud, agile
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.