Our client is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application.
We are seeking top developers to join our client in building a modern, cloud-based, data platform for our research team. We are looking for hands-on developers who have genuine passion for elegant, efficient software, based on modularity and clean API design. We work in agile teams, with developers responsible for the full stack development and full software lifecycle. We are looking for candidates who have the maturity to develop and support mission-critical, enterprise software and contribute their ideas to the continual evolution of our software practices and platforms.
location: Greenwich, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Undergraduate degree in CS or a closely-related subject from a good school with a good GPA
- Likely at least 5 years of software development experience in industry after graduation
- Work history that demonstrates playing a key role in transformative projects
- Independent passion for software development, demonstrated by personal projects, contributions to open source projects, and participation in software groups and conferences
- Perfectionist with regard to clean design and engineering of code and data
- High-output, high-quality programming expertise in at least one of Java 8+, Scala, or Python
- Expertise in data communication services, e.g., REST, JMS, AMQP, RabbitMQ, Kafka, and Kinesis
Experience in finance is helpful but not required. If you have developed services-based, data platforms in any industry, you'll have no problem adding value in our world. This is an ideal opportunity to join one of the world's most prestigious investment firms at a time when the finance industry is undergoing a major technology-driven transformation.
- Mastery of modern collaborative software lifecycle tools, e.g. Git, Jira, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Practical experience with containerized and cloud computing, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, compelling documents (presentations, diagrams, wikis, etc.)
- Excellent verbal communication skills to independently discover and refine requirements with users
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.