Sr. Java Developer
Our client creates some of the world's most cutting-edge SAAS products used in the healthcare arena. The Sr. Java Developer role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying application and database components of these products.
location: East Rochester, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement and maintain current J2EE web applications including troubleshooting and debugging.
- Write high-quality source code to complete applications within deadlines.
- Perform unit and integration testing.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Mentor team members on development best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for products and related projects.
- Recommend improvements to existing application and database functionality.
- Collaborate with functional departments and development colleagues to set specifications for new or modified applications.
- Collaborate with functional departments on estimation of scope and validation of design concepts.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and development colleagues.
- Demonstrate programming and design skills with robust, efficient solutions that can be repeatedly deployed by the Solution Development team.
- Participating in rotating on-call support.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in relational database languages (SQL) and related reporting tools.
- 7+ years of experience working with web-delivered application architectures.
- Understanding of common design patterns and the ability to work with an established code framework.
- 7+ years of experience in standard code development lifecycle processes including the ability to manage code across multiple environments.
- Interest and experience in all aspects of application development (User Interface, Workflow, Database Design and Performance Tuning).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.