The Senior Database Engineer provides database administration and engineering for new and enhancements to existing database environments to include performance of the following related tasks: software installation, upgrades, query writing, configuration, database creation, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery.
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $67 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Lead efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
- Create and enhance databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Analyze existing database applications to migrate into or improve the functioning on the platform.
- Participate in the design and implementation of large/complex databases
- Administer database security across all database environments.
- Provide guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
- Prepare periodic reports regarding unit's activities and goal attainment.
- Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration.
- Mentor/train lower level database administrators.
- Support database centric projects from inception to production deployment (all things database)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of database related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business lines, external technology partners and fellow team members.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level.
- Excellent research, analysis, project planning and implementation skills.
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.