Senior Project Manager
Leads assigned IT project(s) and complies with our client's software development and project management lifecycle processes to manage, execute and report on assigned projects.
location: Memphis, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Essential Job Functions:
1. Drives completion of all required project deliverables and maintains audit trail and project documentation.
2. Creates and maintains baseline, forecast, and actual Microsoft project plans/schedules and tracks, manages and reports on performance to target.
3. Creates and maintains project resource and budget information per PMO process and tracks, manages and reports on performance to target.
4. Provides weekly project status updates in prescribed format to include risks, issues, impacts and mitigation plans.
5. Identifies and manages critical path activities to create and maintain project schedule and performs proactive risk assessments to identify and manage potential risks.
6. Coordinates with the management team and escalates as needed for issue resolution, risk mitigations and corrective actions.
7. Coordinates planning, scheduling, and execution of core team and working team meetings to ensure proper project tracking and timely resolution to action items and issues.
Skills, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Expertise with MS Project (.mpp), Atlassian JIRA and MS SharePoint required.
- Excellent communication, risk management and leadership skills required.
- Experience managing iterative, scheduled production releases for small enhancements is a plus.
- Ability to navigate changing requirements, ambiguous situations and complex technology scenarios.
- Exposure and experience working in a highly matrixed, global organization.
- Experience with offshore teams.
skills: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 7+ years of IT experience.
- 3+ years of IT project management experience . 3+ years of experience planning and implementing infrastructure, highly available network or data center implementations a plus.
- PMI / PMP certification desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.