The main function of a graphic designer is to create designs, concepts and sample layouts based on design principles and concepts. A typical graphic designer needs to have a high level of creativity and able to communicate their ideas to both internal and external clients. The ability to be flexible to client demands, work well under pressure and multi-task are required skills.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 29 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to communication problems.
- Develop overall layout and production design of publications or web interfaces as they relate to graphic design.
- Prepare sketches or layouts to present to client.
- Create charts and graphs from data given.
- Experience with Adobe publishing and graphics software a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field preferred. 2-4 years experience required, but manager is willing to review recent grads
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability are required.
- Intermediate ability to utilize various forms of media, including print, electronic and film.
- Intermediate ability to visualize in 2D and 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design.
- Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.