job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
In this role, you will be a critical member of the team building foundational services for the web platform. You'll support and extend running applications & design and develop new applications. You'll be expected to evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner for every part of our infrastructure. Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform is expected. You will be working in an agile environment.
A significant part of the job is provisioning test environments, creating and supporting Jenkins builds and other dev-ops items (not as significant for FE Developers). We are also called in to triage issues in Production and QA. Project Description:
The Services team is responsible for scheduling and other applications related to services on the Dotcom site.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $69 - 79 per hour
work hours: 9 to 4
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: What would a normal day for this position look like?
A bulk of the time would actually doing the developing including Iteration Planning, Retrospectives, Showcases, Design Sessions. The support of DevOps is an important part of this job. Linux, Jenkins, TomCat, and Chef experience would be valuable.
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills and technologies that you are looking for in a candidate? Required Experience
- At least 10 years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web oriented architectures
- Developing REST/Spring/Java/Maven applications
- Familiarity with Unix
- Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design
skills: Skills Overview: Preferred Experience
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Pair Programming (Social skills)
- Infrastructure Automation (Chef, Jenkins)
- Experience with testing frameworks (Junit,Spock,JMeter)
- Ability to function with multiple and changing priorities
- The ability to work independently and be resourceful.
- The ability to work in a team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.