Android Engineering Manager
You will be a key player in the definition and execution of company goals. You will define strategies to grow and strengthen the Android team, and be a leader in the development of software projects on the Android platform.
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $82 - 92 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Provide technical and project oversight, Assist other stakeholders on day to day project execution and improve team dynamics.
- Mentor team members on technical and business level topics via 1:1 check-ins based on project and team member feedback.
- Be an evangelist for Android both within and outside company
- Responsible for staffing projects in collaboration with project leadership.
- 8+ years experience leading and/or managing application development teams, with at least 3 of those years spent managing mobile application delivery teams. (Exposure to iOS or other mobile platforms is a plus.)
- A proven track record of successfully leading projects through an entire software release life cycle in an Agile/Scrum environment. Prior experience as a developer will be an asset.
- An understanding of software development methodologies such as SOLID, TDD (including automated unit, integration, and system testing), CI, release management, software maintenance, and source code management.
- Familiarity with tools such as Android Studio, the Android SDK and Android Tools, JUnit, Jira, SVN, Git. Kotlin and Java is a plus.
skills: Experience dealing with cross-functional teams across several countries, as you'll work with everyone--clients, PMs, UX/UI designers, API developers, and mobile engineers--to coordinate the successful completion of projects.
- Highly developed people management skills that are based on the philosophies of kindness, understanding, facts, and excellence.
- Background in Healthcare Industry is preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.