A Database Analyst may assist in business systems design, analysis and programming services to modify existing programs, write new programs or processes that import, export, transform and/or visualize data. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures related to IT data processing and transformation and visualization of data for completion of moderately complex assignments. A Database Analyst will work with account managers, sales staff, and technology staff to successfully execute customer solutions.
location: Bloomington, Illinois
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains company database[s]. Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Imports data from a variety of sources and media and converts received data into usable formats that can be used with variable print software to produce customize print pieces.
- Writes codes for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures.
- Creates new or transformed data and identifies data relationships through various processes and algorithms.
- Creates and maintain business logic for multiple data sets including direct mail address processing and standardization: merge / purge, ACE and grouping multiple addresses into a single household and so forth
- Works with DBAs to design, correct and/or modify database schemas including creating tables and defining proper indexes and primary keys based on their entities, relations (normalization), expected volume and distribution of data.
- Collects specifications from project managers, sales staff, business analysts and account executives that support the overall customer program.
- Develops production schedules for use by production personnel.
- Develops applications that provide information to internal departments.
- Develops queries, retrieves, manipulates and displays data from relational databases for the purpose of ad hoc reporting as requested by clients, account executives and other associated staff.
- Well versed with MS SQL. Ability to write and understand complex SQL query.
- Ability to maintain/write C# / .NET applications is a plus.
- Follow test scripts to test programs and processes to ensure they work properly and meet client requirements. Correct any problems encountered during testing.
- Provide technical documentation of applications including flow charts, specifications and end user documentation.
- Knowledge of any data platform especially Talend is a preferred
- Perform code reviews and ability to identify performance issues with SQL query and stored procedure.
- Conceptual or working knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus and API
- Attention to details and ability to query and validate quality for large amount of complex data.
- SQL Server
- MS SQL
- SQL Query
- Enterprise Service Bus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.