job summary: Project Overview:
- The SP&A team manages a lot of data on Google's extended workforce (Temps, Vendors, Contractors).
- Many data sources, dashboards, and ad-hoc reports have cropped up over time to fulfil various stakeholder needs, opening up the possibility for data discrepancies and inconsistencies in how the data is aggregated and/or presented.
- SP&A is tasked with ensuring consistency and accuracy of this data set as well as leveraging the available data to assist with business strategy and planning as well as provide custom solutions that enable our internal customers to manage their operations efficiently.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 44.50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Audit current data tables, dashboards and reports to ensure consistency
- Maintain and update large-scale datasets Manage Access Control Lists Contribute to automation of recurring reports
- Assistance with Ad Hoc data analysis requests Provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support
- Work closely with Engineering teams and other analysts to develop and define new and improved metrics, tools and reports
- Document cookbook of common queries
Manage Access Control Lists Contribute to automation of recurring reports Assistance with Ad Hoc data analysis requests
skills: Required Skills:
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Track record of success as a data analyst in a fast paced environment
- Ability to navigate organizational complexity with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in performing analysis and presenting findings using Google Sheets and/or Excel
- List of extra skills that would be nice to have but are not required to be successful in the position
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Mathematics or Finance
- Experience in building and maintaining scalable web applications Other programming language experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.