job summary: Position DescriptionTitle
- CAD Design Engineer Google's global deployment of custom-designed machines has created one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in existence: cutting-edge innovation on a huge scale.
- Our Technical Infrastructure teams design, build, and operate the software, hardware, computing platform, and networking technologies that power all of Google's services.
- As our operations continue to grow, it's becoming ever more important to automated our infrastructure for deploying and operating at scale.
- We have developed a portfolio of automation projects that span manufacturing, supply chain, and datacenter operations.
- We are looking for motivated professionals with experience designing complex automated systems in CAD. From component level detail to factory layout and optimization.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $60.00 - 66.26 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- You will work with Google's Datacenter Automation Systems team to define product specifications for robotics, autonomous vehicles, and material handling systems.
- Convert those specifications to virtual models in Solidworks, Autodesk, or ProE computer aided design software.
- Generate design details and schematic drawings from the virtual models for contracting from our supply base.
- Test and measure components and systems to ensure they meet design standards.
- Work with senior engineering staff to define product specifications,
- Use CAD software such as AutoCad,Inventor, Solidworks, or ProE to design building scale automation systems, components, robotic work cells
- Document design details and make schematic drawings for contracting components from suppliers.
B.S. ideally in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) or minimum 10+ years professional experience in CAD Design
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- B.S. ideally in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) or minimum 10+ years professional experience in CAD Design
- Without a degree, ideal candidate would be with trade certification in certified Solidworks professional (CSWP) or expert (CSWE)
- Solidworks, Autocad, Creo/ProE computer aided design systems
- Layout planning and optimization -Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Minimum 2+ years developing robotic, mechatronic, or material handling systems in a field related to manufacturing or logistics
- Certification: CSWA, CSWP, CSWE, CPPA, ACP
- Controls systems
- Statistical modeling
- Understanding Robot kinematics and Work Envelope
- Material control dynamics and principles
- Rate and systems throughput modeling
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.