This position requires troubleshooting and problem resolution to maintain day-to-day network operations across the state.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Assist in installing, configuring, upgrading, monitoring and maintaining the existing corporate voice, data and firewall environments
- The Network Admin must be comfortable supporting & maintaining legacy Cisco technology as well as new route, switch and security devices.
- Assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing any performance issues within the existing Cisco network. The current network includes VPN, MPLS, LAN & VLAN and VOIP environments across multiple locations.
- Administration of the network
- Handle network related systems and user-based escalations from the Help desk team
- Work with other departments and teams to assist and support them with network infrastructure projects, initiatives and needs
- Represent Network Infrastructure as part of any major incident response effort with other IT teams and affected business users
- Execute POCs and Cloud placement/Cloud fit studies to help organization to make better business decisions in leveraging Cloud technologies for next-generation product innovation
- Actively facilitate and drive Cloud technology decisions within the organization and drive "Cloud First" strategy.
- Utilize networking to move database from on-premise to the cloud
- Prepare documentation and architectural design
- Follow through to bring all network outages and problems to conclusion in a quick and efficient manner
- 5+ year's cumulative network experience; including network and security administration.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure IaaS such as firewalls, virtual machines and networking
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, routing protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS).
- Firewall security management, IPS/IDS, DLP, network vulnerability scanning (internal/external), SIEM, data encryption, and two factor authentication.
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in all aspects of cloud computing (compute, storage, platforms, data and security) with a proven track-record in implementing large scale cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of ITIL core processes.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced networking switching and routing technology.
- Thorough knowledge of firewall technology and network security.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, wireless, and voice.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructure protocols
- Experience setting up and managing VOIP systems
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.