job summary: PURPOSE:
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple work streams of a large scale project in a complex multi-platform environment.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
Essential Accountability Percent of Time
- ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Defines and manages the project: scope, budget, timelines/project plan, resources, deliverables, issues, risks/risk mitigation plans, quality, change control, communication plan, etc...
- Responsible for managing the day to day operations of all phases of the project including: hosting, architecture, requirements gathering, design, development/configuration, conversion, integration, testing, organizational change management & go live.
- Develops and manages milestone based Statements of Work (SOW)
- Anticipates and manages project risk
- Recommends mitigation and corrective actions
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Proactively manage changes in project scope
- Lead a diverse team of internal resources and consultants
- Prepare and deliver presentations, communications, KPI reports and status updates to various audiences.
- Manages the onshore/offshore implementation partner relationship and SLA oversight including reviewing vendor deliverables, holding vendors accountable for meeting timelines and milestones, etc.
- Oversee company Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology to ensure the project business needs and benefits are met and that the overall technology solution aligns to functional and technical requirements.
- Builds and maintains a positive, collaborative relationship across all disciplines, while ensuring that key business drivers are met
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
- OTHER REQUIRED ACCOUNTABILITIES: Describe any additional accountability not included under the essential accountabilities section, which are part of the job.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Ensure that all business requirements are met
- Project Management experience in at least 1full lifecycle Enterprise Class Systems implementations such as Oracle eBusiness Suite implementations (11.5.10 or greater), Enterprise Data Warehouse, CRM, etc...
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- Experience with major enterprise class systems implementation methodologies such as AIM is a plus
- Tier 1 Consulting experience a plus
- Oracle ERP experience
- Experience with any of the following types of projects is a plus: eCommerce, Rights management, Inventory planning, subscriptions, integration projects, hardware refresh projects.
- PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree required in MIS, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of project management experience in complex organizations
- Excellent analytical, problem solving communication (verbal and written), and facilitation / organizational skills
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience in effectively managing an onshore/offshore implementation model
- Successful track record of managing multiple medium to large projects that include both complex functional changes and technical changes such has database upgrade/hardware refresh
- Strong client facing skills
- Thorough understanding of project management and application development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to develop reliable project timelines and deliver against established timelines
- Utilize and implement project management processes and methodologies for IT that ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet the customer's expectations
- Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Solid project management skills related to project planning and control, scope management, issue and risk management, and quality management
- Proven ability to build, develop, motivate and lead a large team
- Extensive experience in creating high quality project plans using Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of testing and defect tracking tools such as HP Quality Center
- Working knowledge of HP-Project and Portfolio Management is a plus
- Advanced Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Project skills a must
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.