Sr. Project Manager
RANDSTAD TECHNOLOGIES IS SEEKING A SR, PROJECT MANAGER FOR A LONG TERM CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY IN JACKSONVILLE, FL.
THIS WILL INDIVIDUAL WILL BE MANAGING A CMS UPGRADE.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO INTERVIEW ON-SITE AND WORK FULL TIME ON-SITE.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 4
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of projects.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in projects.
- Demonstrates innovation when evaluating the business implications of technology solutions.
- Serves as primary contact and technical advisor to clients.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects and communicates changes to project team members to ensure proper executions and escalations.
- Tracks and reports project hours and expenses, as well as drafts and manages budgets.
- Relies on extensive understanding of project management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Manages and obtains overall project approvals
- Delegates, tracks and ensures completion of project tasks
- Coordinates all resources and stakeholders to ensure completion of projects
- Directs the overall strategic direction of projects
- Organizes and optimizes resources
- Assesses risk and determines appropriate actions to mitigate them
- Monitors project progress and determines actions needed to ensure completion
- Understands the business needs, processes, nomenclature and concepts to develop clear and thorough project plans.
- Reviews deliverables.
- Superior leadership abilities including ability to share knowledge, resolve conflict and create consensus.
- Strong ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, and appropriately prioritize.
- Excellent strategic project planning skills
- Logical, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Must display the highest level of critical thinking in order to weigh alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with the business strategy.
- Knowledge of the Information Technology field and computer systems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities to get to the source of problems and think critically regarding possible solutions.
- Must display initiative, ability to work independently and be able to use extensive independent judgment.
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks.
- Ability to react quickly to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area required.
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Project Manager with at least 3 years as a Project Manager
- Proven track record overseeing all aspects of large scale projects including planning, requirements gathering, resource allocation and budget.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams across many areas and business units.
- Project Management Certification preferred.
- Managed Projects utilizing Agile Methodology in the past.
- Experience managing multiple maintenance and small enhancement projects simultaneously
- Experience with MS Project a must have
- Experience with MS Project Server and TFS a nice to have
- Experience managing test environments a nice to have
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.