job summary: Director, Software Quality Assurance
You will be responsible for all Quality Assurance for our software operations. You will report to the Head of Software Programs and will work closely with executives to define and implement strategies to guarantee the quality of our software deliverables. You will set up best-in-class operations while leading and managing a team of highly-motivated QA experts that will guarantee results and operate in short-release cycles. You need to be a leader with flawless communication skills who challenges the team to solve critical problems and develop innovative solutions.
This role will be eligible for stock options, excellent benefits, 401k, bonus and other benefits.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
· Build and provide leadership and strategic direction to the Quality Engineering organization
· Design, manage and maintain all Quality Assurance practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics. Lead the design and implementation of testing frameworks, test infrastructure and, tools
· Utilizes fact and data-driven metrics and communications results, promotes cross-functional communication and ensures adequate information flow within the organization
· Works with the Project and Program Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation for QA related projects and other activities such as system integration and certifications
· Drive continuous improvement through the strengthening of quality tools, skills, infrastructure and process improvements required to achieve business objectives
· Develop resource strategies, allocating staff, tools and specialized support as necessary to ensure that all testing commitments are met
· Extensive experience heading a Quality Assurance department, responsible for testing full embedded software stack within a high-volume consumer electronics organization
· Proven experience creating a best-in-class quality engineering process and organization with solid understanding of Hardware and Software development cycles
· Deep knowledge and experience with implementation of various testing methodologies and test automation tools and techniques
· Experience in software and product certifications is a must
· Experience in testing and functional validation of smart phones and products utilizing optics is highly desirable
· This position requires excellent leadership capabilities, a strategic mindset as well as proficiency in hands-on management
· Solid knowledge of testing techniques to determine appropriate number of test iterations and applying risk-based testing concepts
· BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other Science/Engineering related field or significant demonstrable professional work experience.
skills: Skills -
- Consumer Electronics background
- Software Focused
- Needs to have worked on a product that has shipped - end to end
- Scale - they need to have managed 150+ people. Particularly contractors if possible.
- Must be willing to be hands on. We are looking for a high energy, engaged individual who is well versed in all manners of QA & Testing to lead the group. This person must understand the entire stack.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.