job summary: Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for participating in all phases of the design and development life cycleof analytic applications and reporting tools, utilizing various BI technology platforms.
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements.
- Anticipates opportunities for improvement and identifies alternate solutions.
- Collaborates with engineers for creative ideas for Web portals supporting interactive content, analyzes and classifies complex change request and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
- Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
- Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides timely support to data information planning effort.
- Maintains technical development environment and has responsibility for implementation plan.
- Assist in developing training documentation including proactive identification of additional needs and enhancements.
- Manages small projects, mentors and provides training to others.
location: Hanover, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $36.84 - 46.04 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Please see list of responsibilities.
- BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training and 3+ years experience on one platform, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Subject matter expert of one or more Business Intelligence applications.
- Experience with multiple Business Intelligence tools preferred.
- Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
- Multi database, multi language or multi business application preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience developing .NET applications, writing C# code in .NET environment,
- 2-4 years of administering site permissions; setting up permissions groups and giving permissions
- 2-4 years of experience building custom applications and web application design and development - SQL query development a plus (1-2 years) - need to know how to publish application
- Ability to work quickly
- Ability to ask the right questions to get the requirements they need
- Need to be able to work very independently
- If solution is not known, must be able to research very quickly and figure out a solution
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.