job summary: Summary:
The Business Solution Consultant role supports the Business by working with the development teams and business leaders with responsibility for eliciting, understanding and documenting business needs to determine and recommend the most optimal solution to conduct software development. Makes independent, creative, technical contributions to defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects and implementing IT business solutions. Expert analytical resource focusing on highly visible, complex and critical business priorities.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Serves as the highest level business analyst expert, providing leadership on complex projects across multiple business areas and multiple platforms.
- Provide consulting regarding the practices and methods for defining detailed business requirements including planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to corporate standards
- Define/review high level business requirements which describe the business needs and the scope of the solution - prior to developing detailed business and functional requirements.
- Document and refine business requirements to describe the business needs to a functional requirement level without presuming a technical solution. Requirements should be verifiable and testable once a solution is defined.
- Leverage understanding of high level system architecture/portfolio that supports the business process, and the key process areas supported by the IT systems to provide in-depth solution and problem solving.
- Identify applicable technology alternatives to given business problems using applied research and tools; reviews new products/services using pre-established evaluation criteria that include architecture standards and the standards to request proposals with outside firms
- Leads Request for Proposal processes to evaluate different software solutions to solve business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field
- 8+ years of professional IT experience with leadership in technical and business analysis
skills: Skills & Knowledge:
- SDLC knowledge
- Business requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Functional requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Request for Proposal Process knowledge
- Requirements Analysis, Planning & prioritization execution
- Requirements Elicitation and facilitation execution
- Request for Proposal
- Supplier/Vendor management
- Analytical /data analysis skills
- Change Management
- Consensus building to gather requirements
- Interviewing skills among stakeholders
- Meeting facilitation (in person and virtual)
- Communication Skills (written, verbal and presentation skills, detail orientated)
- Communication skills (Functional communication to technical stakeholders, Technical communication to non-technical stakeholders)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Collaboration with internal and external teams and business partners
- Business Acumen among LOBs (past, current, future goals, strategies and plans)
- Business relationship management
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.