Manage the analysis and reporting of the network and security including review of monitoring and management tools, documentation and standards, network health and incident alerting. Work closely with the Network and Security SDM and the ITSM team to coordinate operations requirements and reports. Understand how Service Now is configured and how the network and security tracks fit into the ITSM structure. Assist with creating and managing processes around service requests, change control, approvals, alerting, incident creation and response and incident escalation. Work closely with the Network and Security SDM to create the standards and operational documentation, including review of the runbook and validation of KT during transition. Report regular status of projects and operational issues to the SDM.
location: Santa Ana, California
job type: Contract
salary: $67 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Design, analysis, planning, modification and maintenance of the operational processes and integration into Service Now
- Evaluation of existing process documentation and assist with creation of ongoing SOP's
- Working with the ITSM team, define network and security service definitions and a CMDB CI structure
- Build Process around service requests, incidents and projects
- Build reports that will auto generate at regular intervals to show current status of ticketing queues, aging tickets, SLA violations, work load, etc.
- Validate existing standards, documents and diagrams with the assistance of the lead engineers
- Prepare status and system health reports for Managed Service clients by working with differing internal and external teams.
- Attend regular customer service meetings delivering service reports in line with contractual obligations with key customers.
- The position maintains technical expertise in IT Service Management as well as network and security technologies Provide appropriate and timely documentation to client for client to process and issue purchase orders for network or telecom work.
- Bachelor degree required
- ITIL® V3 Foundation Level or higher certification
- 9 years of relevant work experience required
- 5 years of ITIL Service Delivery experience required
- Minimum 3 year of Operations experience in a 24x7x365 environment required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communications and complex problem solving, advanced written and verbal communications skills including the ability to develop presentations and present to senior management
- Conceptual knowledge for all areas of IT Infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, cloud, EUC, applications, security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls and gateways)
- Detailed working knowledge of a very broad range of IT systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.