The Operations Technician is responsible for providing Technical Support in a Call Center environment. In addition to working on the telephone with clients and employees, the Operations Technician I performs Tier 1 troubleshooting of routers, switches and other telecommunications devices. Complex issues that cannot be solved within the Tier 1 team are triaged to Tier 2 and Tier 3 Engineers. The Operations Technician I tracks all repair activities in systems.
location: New Century, Kansas
job type: Contract
salary: $15 - 17 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Work in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Answer customer calls and work issues via trouble tickets proficiently and independently.
- Work all shifts in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Recognize when to triage issues and Incidents to a higher tier of Technical Support.
- Learn in an on-the-job training environment.
- Manage repair activities in a Technical Support environment using systems and processes.
- Collaborate with employees and third-party partners in a way that results in a positive repair experience for the client base.
- At least two years providing Technical Support in a Call Center environment
- Associate degree at minimum.
- Previous experience supporting Routers, Switches and other telecommunications equipment in a Call Center and Repair Center environment.
- Certifications from companies such as Cisco, Adtran and Juniper are desired.
- A proven track record troubleshooting technical issues
- Experience with Cisco command line interface.
- Understanding of the OSI networking model's physical, data link, and network layers
- An understanding of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage and correlate multiple trouble reports.
- Expert level communication and customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.