Front End Java Developer
Our media client in Washington, DC is looking for a strong front end developer to join their research and development team.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
This person will be working with the business and must be able to take high-level requirements, ask questions and get clarifications, decompose into deliverable software components, design and implement solution to meet functional, performance, and quality acceptance criteria.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience and Java development
- Experience with distributed web service development (hands-on experience with RESTful web services).
- Experience with Java Web Container (Tomcat, Jetty, Netty)
- Experience creating custom web tools or UI's is a plus.
- Experience using CMS is a plus.
- Experience using WebSockets is a plus.
- Experience with various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML.
- Experience with versioning tools. Hands-on experience with GIT a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices.
skills: - Experience as part of a team doing state-of-the art, object-oriented software development including continuous integration, test-driven-development, automated unit and integration testing.
- Strong initiative: must be able to take high-level requirements, ask questions and get clarifications, decompose into deliverable software components, design and implement solution to meet functional, performance, and quality acceptance criteria.
- Excellent communication: must be a good listener, willing to ask questions, and able to clearly communicate ideas with team members and external groups.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.