job summary: Senior Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
Herndon, VA Randstad Technologies
is searching for a Senior Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
to support our client in Herndon, VA.
The Senior Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
designs and executes software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes prior to release.
location: Herndon, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 47.05 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: Responsibilities Include:
- Designs test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures from complex business requirements and specifications;
- Tests system modifications to prepare for implementation;
- Develops or specifies standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality / release readiness;
- Develops testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability;
- Documents software defects, using a bug tracking system, and reports defects to software developers;
- Plans test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope and delivery dates;
- Tests integration between systems and analyzes data;
- Participates in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems;
- Reviews software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, and to mitigate risks;
- Documents test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards;
- Assists in creating scenarios and data to be automated.
- Bachelor's degree in Computers Science or related field
- More than Six (6) years of experience in software testing with specific emphasis in the web applications environment and multiple database platforms OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
skills: OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to automated tests using commercial or open sources tools
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and assume full responsibility for delivering projects on time
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects, simultaneously
- Knowledge of SQL and Oracle databases
- Experience testing data transfer and system integration
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities and a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, software testing concepts, and test methodologies
- Manual testing need oracle PL/SQL, SQL skills.
- Ideally degree in CS or IT.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.