The Director for Digital Services will work collaboratively with the Program Managers and Agile Team members to support existing projects while also leading the formulation of solutions for prospective clients. The Director will work with clients to analyze, formulate, design, and drive digital transformation initiatives and advise clients on pressing strategic challenges and opportunities surrounding business strategy, enterprise architecture, IT operations, infrastructure, technology strategy, and digital transformation.
The Director must have extensive experience in Agile methodologies for software development as well as Scaled Agile. The ideal candidate will have experience applying managed services frameworks or digital center environments. The Director is required to have transformation experience in a large Federal environment such as the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of Defense, or a similar sized commercial enterprise.
The candidate should be demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge to maintain long-term cient relationships and networks. The candidate is required to cultivate business development opportunities and design forward looking solutions. Target solutions include managed services, artificial intelligence, robotics, machine learning, API design, cloud migrations, DevOps, open source solutions, technical roadmaps, and COTS solutions (ServiceNow, Salesforce, etc.). The Director will be responsible for a team size of 100-150+ staff.
We are a fast-growing company and we're working hard to bring new ideas and solutions to the Federal Government and transform Federal IT. To be successful in this role, you will need to support multiple teams and initiatives, so you must be able to prioritize, communicate, and manage your time. You need to be able to focus and deliver, but you need to understand when to pivot and reprioritize.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
Our Director for Digital Services will bring a strong technical background with the technical aptitude to quickly understand customer issues and design solutions. Must be a leader who is able to envision client solutions and work with teams to deliver quality solutions on time and on budget. Must be proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment spread across diverse technical areas.
- Set vision for digital center, including managed services solution, processes, metrics, reporting, and tools
- Leader in designing software development solutions
- Manager who will interact with diverse teams, cultivate approaches, and measure success
- Visionary who will inspire teams to infuse AI and automation to modernize client platforms
- Experience migrating to cloud, architecting cloud solutions, and working with vendors to price multiple architectures
Must have ability to obtain a public trust.
skills: Desired Qualifications/skills:
- Agile and Scaled Agile methodologies
- Managed Services or Digital Center experience
- Cloud-based computing experience including cloud architecture
- Solid working knowledge of AWS and MS Azure tools and applications
- Experience in Digital Center, enterprise environment, or experience specifically with the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent
- Experience with Node.js and Red Hat Linux, Containers (Docker / OpenShift), Java Jetty/WebLogic, MongoDB, Redis, REST, SOAP, FHIR, HL7, Microservices Architecture, Middleware Development.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.