We are seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to manage a team of mid to senior level Network Engineers in support of a large enterprise network of close to 200 sites. Oversee the team's day to day work and manage their operational queues and change control processes. Work closely with the SDM and the Network Analyst to manage resource allocation and projects. Working with the Network Architect, design and implement new standards and technologies in accordance with client direction. Assis with the development of SOP's, runbooks and other Operational resources for the network team. Report regular status of projects and operational issues to the SDM.
location: Santa Ana, California
job type: Contract
salary: $76 - 79 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Design, analysis, planning, modification and maintenance of the network and security components, including network monitoring systems
- Management of all network equipment supporting the enterprise for both project and operational requirements
- Evaluation of new network and security technology
- Analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling
- Provision of specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; the provision of information for hardware and software selection; and the selection of tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Test network and security systems
- Monitor and resolve network incidents on a 24X7 basis
- The position maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls and gateways
- The role sets the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee and oversees the performance of subcontractors supporting various aspects of the network and security services
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and a minimum of 14 years of experience on network & cyber security or a Masters Degree and 12 years experience
- Strong experience with Cisco Systems network, security and datacenter products
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Experience designing and deploying wireless technologies
- Experience managing a team of Network Engineers
- Experience managing large site build and move projects
- Strong background with Service and Change Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.