Our Systems Engineer has the primary responsibilities of configuring client systems/applications, troubleshooting processing/system errors and issues, and providing efficient solutions to client submitted business problems.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 100 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Install, configure, maintain server hardware and systems software, and handle all phases of migrations and upgrades.
- Identify and script solutions (ksh, sed, awk, grep, perl) to improve efficiency and to proactively detect and fix problems within the infrastructure
- Monitor all hardening policies and enforce compliance to all HP-UX and CIS security standards.
- Monitor and perform hardware and software upgrades, including operating systems and related systems, performance tuning, monitoring, or backup applications.
- Coordinate with various teams for disaster planning and perform network backup and monitor recovery processes.
- Manage and document systems, operational procedures and monitor hardware inventory for the environment.
- Work within ITIL change management process, incident process, and problem resolution process, and participate in after-hours change implementations as needed.
- Contribute to maintenance of organizational audit & compliance requirements (e.g. PCI, SSAE16), which includes mitigating vulnerabilities as needed, applying patches and tech-level OS updates, and providing evidence to auditors of Fiserv's continued compliance.
- Performs other duties as required
- Mentor and train junior team members.
Minimum 9-10+ years' HP-UX systems Engineer experience required
- Excellent working knowledge of system administration tools and processes.
- Experience with EMC VNX SANs, Cisco fiber switches, and Recoverpoint replication appliances.
- Familiarity with VMWare virtualization technology.
- Comprehension of network security and server hardening concepts.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Strong Linux experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.