The Information Protection Manager is responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of cloud based information technology security devices in a 24 X 7 X 365 environment.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $51 - 61 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Responsible for the research, evaluation, recommendation and administration of systems and procedures to ensure the protection of information processed, stored or transmitted.
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and drive execution for integrated security controls across Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure efforts.
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of current risks and threats to Cloud infrastructure and/or IT infrastructures at technical and managerial levels.
- Drive Identity and Access Management (IAM), configuration management, and monitoring strategy for AWS and Azure.
- Provide security consultancy and engineering support for cloud security solutions including analysis and development of Amazon, Azure, and other security solutions.
- Provide architecture assurance on Cloud security initiatives and compliance of existing security standards interfacing with infrastructure and development teams.
- Maintain the security infrastructure tools that are built on the Cloud platform, providing stability and policies and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with the organization's information security policies and procedures among employees, contractors and third parties.
- Provide support to Security and other technical operations staff to ensure smooth turnover from Engineering to Production - and provide mentoring to junior level security professionals.
- Leads the effort to ensure security compliance in accordance with regulatory security standards required by appropriate governing bodies.
- Develop and maintain documentation of all Cloud security products including specific tools, technologies and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred. 7 + years' experience working in a technical role with a minimum of 4 + years' experience focusing on information security.
- Experience working with various AWS Services including:
- Networking (VPC Gateway, Route53, ELB/ALB, Direct Connect)
- Cloud Formation
- Cloud Watch
- Active AWS certification (AWS Solutions Architect and AWS SysOps preferred)
- Experience automating multi-account management in AWS
- Experience in AWS server less architecture and implementation
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins and/or Gitlab
- Experience in system development, DevOps and software development, and/or system integration/development
- Hands-on development and scripting skills, Python preferred
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; high sense of urgency
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.