Join our team as a Systems Engineer in Dayton, Ohio working in a beautiful state of the art facility utilize your power electronics, power generation and distribution, controls, software, and simulation expertise to perform Systems level activities.
location: Dayton, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- What will you be doing?
- Lead system analysis on Problem Reports (PRs) and reported issues , which can be written by the customer or internally by:
- Reproducing the Problem in the lab
- Analyzing the problem and performing impact analysis
- Work with subsystem leads in developing, allocating, validating, tracing, verifying, and documenting requirements
- Work with other team members
- work with the customer in defining requirements
- Present the problem analysis at Change Control Boards (CCBs) and ensure the process is followed
· Knowledge of electrical power systems technical requirements, certification requirements
· Experience/ knowledge of the development lifecycle phases
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems, i.e. DOORs
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to contribute in a team environment
· Experience in a Structured environment (e.g. DO-178B like) RTCA DO-178B/C, SAE ARP4754A or similar rigorous development standard desired
· System mindset and problem solver
Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical/ or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
skills: Skill Sets Desired
Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including clear thinking and a diligent approach).
Experience in system engineering and project management/planning .
Experience in requirements development of avionics power systems (preferably on commercial applications
Experience in verification and validation of avionics power systems (preferably on commercial applications).
Knowledge of aircraft power distribution and generation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.