job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Network Operations Analyst for a 1 year contract opportunity located in Fairfield, CA.
location: Fairfield, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 34 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- This is the Incident/Event Management role which applies repair or restoration procedures to network systems and applications that receive an event notification.
- Apply Run-book procedures or work instruction steps required for scheduling, monitoring & technical support functions on the network and application interfaces.
- Process routine change requests and work orders.
- Perform data analysis/trending on the network and applications as per predefined documented procedures.
- Monitor Change Management activities for notification of alarm suppression and post maintenance validations to take place.
- May act in a lead capacity to open and manage technical conference bridges, updating incident and/or problem management tickets as needed.
- Develop and distribute ongoing notifications for outages in progress as directed by Service Manager or Supervisor.
- Incident Management - Manage timely ticket updates.
- Use run-book steps for first level break/fix restoration needs.
- Complete repetitive, basic maintenance activities as requested.
- Event Management - Develop and distribute ongoing updates/notifications for outages in progress as directed by Service Manager/Supervisor.
- Initiate conference bridges for outages as part of the outage management process.
- BA/BS in Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Desired: Intermediate knowledge of network protocols, software applications, and operating support systems.
- Desired: Current Networking Certification; ITIL Certification.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in telecommunication, internet, or network operation center environments.
- Desired: Previous experience working in ticket management systems/ applications (I.E SMC Remedy), monitoring network devices and software operating systems.
- Desired: Ability to choose from different analytical methods, approaches, and tactics to meet analysis requirements in an efficient manner;
- Interacts with users, IT professionals and team members typically reporting and discussing progress of projects/incidents;
- Applies technical skills to resolve incidents of well-defined scope as specified by procedural guidelines or under direction of leadership;
- Escalates to more experienced resources on unusual or more difficult incidents;
- Has proficient knowledge of one or more of the following designated area: IT product line, operational process, Utility domain (e.g. Gas, Electric, Telecom Network, TCP/ IP);
- Qualitative and quantitative analytic & problem solving skills;
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly;
- Organizational skills;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Is able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Adheres to Work Instructions and/or processes as defined in Run Books and Playbooks;
- Applies technical skills to resolve incidents of well-defined scope as specified by procedural guidelines.
- Must be available to work a varied shift schedule in a 7 X 24 hour operations center environment.
- May require some local traveling for training, meeting, etc.
- Able to support shift schedules as required to meet business needs
skills: For the top 3 qualifications:
1. Ability to dynamically understand and learn how alerts and alarms impact the business
2. Experience with monitoring applications
3. Incident command experience
**Wednesday thru Saturday shift**
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.