job summary: PROJECT MANAGER Job Description
- Essential job Responsibilities:
- Law Enforcement background and US citizen
- Manages large or multiple customer facing projects
- Creation of a project schedule and plan with financial, resource and material requirements.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals and agreements.
- Oversees project staff including project engineers, vendors, partners and subcontractors.
- Manages the project from start to completion including the resolution of project issues.
- Accountable for the Project Budget
- Presents service business value to customers for new or existing business
- May manage internal projects/programs
- May manage ongoing optimization service to deployed customer network
- Maintains customer satisfaction score of 4.5 or higher
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $55.50 - 69.38 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Project Complexity
- Manages medium to large, or multiple small customer deployments with clearly defined objectives.
- Projects utilize existing or new Cisco technologies, multiple third party vendors and cross multiple functions, have high organization visibility and may include multiple locations or Regions.
- Manages multiple critical tasks in tight time frames
Related Business/ Technical Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- Project Management experience in the deployment of leading edge technologies in a complex commercial environment.
- Has completed significant part of formal Project Management training program
- Has basic knowledge of routing, routing protocols, switching, internet and general network architecture.
- Has leadership skills and experience working with large project teams and strategic account teams.
- Has a working knowledge of the sales process including risk assessment and scoping
- Has a good understanding of the legal issues with contracts
- Has advanced negotiation and presentation skills
- Understands the organization, aims and processes
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA degree or equivalent plus 4-5 years related experience in networking / telecommunications industry
- OR min 4-5 years managing LAN and/or WAN network implementation and support PLUS 2-3 years in a clearly defined Project Management roll
- MS/MBA preferred
- Active PMP
- Project plan and schedule creation
- Service level contracts
- Ability to balance multiple large and critical tasks
- Advanced Negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with State, Local, Education customers (SLED) is a plus
- Major account experience
- Partner services delivery model experience
- Ability to work independently in remote customer sites
- Service solutions sales skills
- Ability when required to control multiple project managers in the delivery cycle
- Familiar with the organization goals, vision and processes
skills: Preferred Skills / Qualifications
Should have additional, formal project management qualification i.e. Agile knowledge, PRINCE 2, ESi or equivalent or be studying for such a qualification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.