Under general supervision, the position of Network Engineer I has the responsibility for the maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of the organization's production voice, video and data network infrastructure.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
Network infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, LAN, WAN, VLAN, WLAN, Wireless Bridging, QoS, Firewall, Telecommunications, DR Connectivity. The person in this position will work closely with members of the IT staff to ensure very high levels of network availability, security and efficiency. The Network Engineer I will serve as the initial technical resource for network production operations support and relevant systems projects, as well as day-to-day operations and maintenance tasks. The position will be responsible for managing small projects that may include the use of contractor and or vendor supplied support.
- BA/BS degree OR three (3) years relevant network experience.
- Operations experience in an organization with 500+ users
- Broad experience across the entire Cisco product line including Network, Security, & Communications
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Have a solid working understanding of subnetting and TCP/IP.
- Have a solid working understanding of network configurations and troubleshooting.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies as the company implements them.
- Ability to prioritize work flows.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair sophisticated LAN, WAN, or WLAN issues in a timely fashion.
- Working knowledge of IOS/IOS-XR/NXOS
- Working knowledge of Remote Access VPNs and Site to Site VPNs
- Working knowledge of network protocol analysis (1-3 years)
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Expertise in IP addressing, subnets, VLANS (1-3 years), NATs, ACLs
- CCNA, Network+, CCNP, or CCDA certifications a plus but not required
- Extensive troubleshooting skills
- Expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as switches, routers, firewalls, Wireless control Systems, etc (1-2 years)
- Capable of designing and planning network systems including the creation of specs and architecture schematics (1 -2 years)
- Capable of conducting testing of network design (1-2 years)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.