Responsible for managing, directing and planning one, but occasionally more than one, complex project consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, team building, maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT. Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status. May manage and direct one or more project teams to meet complex project objectives. Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets. Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs. Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives. Organizes and guides project operations through the use of methodologies accepted by the industry. Evaluates progress and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects. Modifies schedules as required. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support. Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT. General supervision, but able to function independently. May direct one or more teams of project managers, specialists, analysts and programmers. Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Essential Scrum Master Duties:
- Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self organization
- Guiding the team on self organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills. Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
skills: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least six, typically eight or more years related experience as a project team member of which at least two year have been in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.