Acts as the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.). Works closely with client and IT management and staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution. May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions. Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $64 - 74 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Present at internal conferences and provide demos of emerging technologies, to a broad range of skill levels
- Is able to technically articulate a position and is comfortable in having conversations with IT Principals, Architects and Sr. Principals
- Create prototype designs and working demo applications across DASG responsibilities, working closely with appropriate teams and with TSG stake holders
- Examples of evolving technologies include micro-services, internal and external clouds, PaaS solutions, software defined networks, flexible storage solutions
- Ability to identify key patterns and gaps in patterns that will limit overall stability of prototypes and propose solutions to meet both technology and process gaps
- Guide teams through backlog prioritization for technical debt, DevOps and modular improvement efforts
- Leverage a data driven approach to test and learn as changes are introduced or observed in the environment
- Lead development and infrastructure communities on Continuous delivery journey
- Extensive experience with Source Control management and its influence on the SDLC and DevOps Processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to Develop in Groovy, Java, Ansible, Python, Perl, C# and Powershell
- Working understanding of Infrastructure and Development paradigms.
- Significant experience working with deployment tools, with a preference for tools that support pipeline as code models
- Experience with DevOps tools (CICD and Container based toolchain)
- Experience implementing application transition from monolith to component based architecture, ideally using containers or PaaS solutions
- Experience using automated methodologies to design and solution processes that support and maintain DevOps pipeline tools
- Experience using automated methodologies in design and solution processes that support and maintain DevOps pipeline tools
- Experience defining team roles and access structure that meet compliance and regulatory needs
- Moderate to extensive experience working with Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred) and Windows Server
- Excellent mentoring and leadership abilities
- Mainframe experience for CICD would be beneficial
- Ability to write code with proficiency in a primary object oriented language (Java, C++ or C#)
- Previous experience in Groovy, Powershell, Ansible or Python
- Comfortable in Linux including reading logfiles, shell scripts and profiles
- Understanding of infrastructure and DevOps Tools administration
skills: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.