Network Security Engineer
As a Host Based Security System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing high-quality technical and configuration management support for virtual hosting platforms on both the NIPRNET and Commercial network.
location: Jbsa Ft Sam Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $49 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Manage and maintain enterprise level HBSS, End Point Security configuration for both virtual hosting environments
- Work directly with System Owners to resolve HBSS, End Point Security related issues on both virtual hosting environments as well as Garrison level assets
- Develop and maintain a Knowledge Base for troubleshooting and maintaining HBSS on both virtual hosting environments
- Enforce configuration management controls for HBSS, End Point Security on both virtual hosting environments
- Member of the IMCOM G6 Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Provide regular reports to the government on HBSS related issues
- Provide training (as required) to government personnel
- Create/design deployment guides/tutorials for HBSS operations
- Research and resolve HBSS, End Point Security related issues reported by end users
- 10+ years of enterprise system administration
- Understanding of HBSS, MacAfee End Point Security
- Superb project management, follow-through, and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Subject Matter Expert in virtualization, managing and securing operating systems
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Windows Server, Red Hat Linux and VMWare ESXi
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policies, Permissions and applying Security Templates
skills: - Information Assurance Requirement: Per DoDD 8570.1, the contract employee must possess one of the following DoD-approved baseline certifications associated with IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP) within 6 months of start date.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or greater, Red Hat Linux 6 or higher, VMWare ESXi # or greater.
- Host Based Security System Administrator certification
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to effectively work well with others
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or applicable work experience)
- In accordance with AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act, personnel requiring access to government Facilities must possess a favorably adjudicated Single Scope Back Ground Check as well as a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) with a FINAL favorable investigation achieved. Additionally a favorable health assessment to include required immunizations is also required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.