job summary: Summary:
Client is seeking a Systems Engineer to perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment, providing investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure..
location: Omaha, Nebraska
job type: Contract
salary: $56.29 - 61.92 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Complete configuration, installation and support of equipment to the specifications of the business.
- Maintain software applications and operating systems through regular maintenance.
- Maintain configuration and support documentation.
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Supervise the administration of systems and servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Maintain multi-site network operations, software applications, operating systems through regular maintenance.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of hardware, software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 8-10 years experience required.
- Broad knowledge of IT Systems engineering.
- Experience with system capacity and planning, as well as functional configuration and audit.
- Experience with system planning and capacity tools and analyses
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.