job summary: Responsibilities:
- Architectural Review: Review existing application to assess for potential improvement opportunities in the areas of performance, transactional efficiency, scalability, and ease-of-maintenance. Communicate observations and ideas to the system team and management.
- Architectural Documentation: Create written documentation including flow diagrams to depict current state operation of the existing application for reference by IT technical and analytical teams. Maintain said documentation to reflect ongoing system changes.
- Technical Analysis and Design: Work with business-systems analysts to review solution requirements / design specifications for the enhancement of existing and creation of new capabilities, and provide guidance and recommendations for the selection of technical design parameters with which to implement said requirements.
- System Changes: Complete technical changes to application components -including but not limited to database, APIs, data management, service management and user interfaces - as directed by functional and technical specifications in alignment with projects and maintenance efforts.
- Unit Testing: Complete such unit testing as is necessary to ensure proper and intended function of technical changes, prior to delivery of said changes to IT analysts for QA.
- Release Notes: Assist with the preparation of technical release notes prior to Production delivery of technical changes to the application.
- Change Documentation: Complete documentation of all technical changes in a format external to the application that can be referenced by team members on an ongoing basis.
- Maintenance Activities: Coordinate with other IT teams to support routine operational updates related to the application, including but not limited to data import jobs, data export, job scheduling, administrative access, system monitoring, system backups; and to help assess root-cause and provide resolution for production defects as may arise.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $62.50 - 78.00 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
Please see list of responsibilities.
3 to 5 years experience working with:
- - Mongo db - implementing and maintaining objects, including CRUD activities; data import & export
- - Creation and support of RESTful APIs (RAML) written in Java or similar
- - Experience building and maintaining a multi-tier application architecture following the Spring Framework and working with a Linux OS
- - Data staging, especially transformation between relational and object formats
- - Use of the JSON data format
- Mongo DB, RESTful APIs, Spring Framework, Angular
Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, MEAN software stack experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.