WBGJP00003517 - Treasury and Capital Markets Business Analyst III
The position requires a quality-focused and detail oriented Business Analyst with a demonstrated track record of providing solutions for Treasury and capital market domain. The incumbent should be a skilled troubleshooter and problem solver with the ability to translate business processes and problem statements into requirements. The incumbent must be conversant with all stages of SDLC and be able to deliver results within tight timelines. Strong preference will be given to candidates with CFA certification or similar hands on professional experience
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 90 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Interface with the business client to understand business needs and requirements, and to help develop and maintain the client relationship
- Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed
- Develop business cases, requirements, use cases, test plans, test strategies, test cases, and operational procedures and plans
o Document business processes and workflows
o Craft business cases to evaluate the feasibility of technology initiatives
o Identify business and functional requirements by working with application end-users, and lead the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of those requirements
o Design and execute test cases for application development and implementation projects
- Collaborate with IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible to meet business requirements
- Leverage rapid prototyping approaches to present as-is/to-be processes/workflows and rough designs of the proposed solution
- Maintain a comprehensive chronological trail of requirements and agreements and actively contribute to the project change control process. Document and manage issues and actions
- Provide overall support to ensure the successful design, testing, and implementation of applications that support the business unit, Also, provide support in developing training materials and conducting training
- Document and manage issues and actions for IT applications and projects
- Prepare and make presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and management
- Participate in the evaluation of new products or initiatives to determine the technology support required
- Evaluate applications and IT environments, and analyze gaps between current and desired states
- Propose recommendations based on industry best practices
- Education: Masters degree in Finance
- Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of relevant technical and business work experience
- Experience in defining and implementing technology solutions for a major financial institution
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst for a large financial institution
- Extensive experience with implementing a similar system
- Extensive experience in gathering business requirements and developing functional specifications with special emphasis on use cases, defining test cases, and providing user training and support
- Extensive experience with various system development lifecycle methodologies and tailoring the artifacts to those methodologies
- Experience with BPM tools like iGrafix ,PEGA and Cordys is a plus
- Experience in requirements management tools like HP-ALM, MS TFS, Case Complete is essential
Certification Requirements: None.
- Knowledge of products like Bonds (PV and Structured), MBS, ABS, Repos/Reverse Repos, Futures, Options, FX, Swaps, Swaptions etc including understanding of trade life cycle events from an investment and capital market perspective.
- Complete understanding of the custody process for the fixed income trades
- Strong knowledge and experience with the settlement and accounting process associated with the above products
- Complete understanding of the swift messages used for each of these products related to custody
- Knowledge of the swift messages related to cash transfers
- Any prior experience working with the static setup for documentation in Summit application is a strong advantage.
General BA skills/abilities
- Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices
- Knowledge of business analysis best practices (such as BABOK) and ability to effectively apply them
- Advanced knowledge of specific business area, process, workflows, standards, and business practices
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills
- Critically analyze requirements and ensure completeness from a quality requirement view point.
- Ability to identify data needs, quality rules and lineage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work directly with clients and management without supervision and to facilitate and navigate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus
- Leadership skills and ability to work well with diverse team members, often in multiple locations
- Ability to work with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent personal organization skills and ability to take things to closure without follow-ups
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Desirable knowledge of VBA, PL/SQL and C++ numerical programming, MS Access, Oracle, and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools like Business Objects, Tableaux etc
- Experience of having worked in an Enterprise Data Management project
- Understanding of Data Governance process and ability to identify data quality issues.
- Knowledge and experience in COTS implementation as BA on COTS projects like Summit, Murex, Calypso etc
- Knowledge of project management
Experience Matrix for Levels:
- Level III - 7+ years of experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.