Ensuring adherence to the Project Management methodology and quality standards, oversees various high-priority projects of mid to large size requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration
location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Responsible for assembling technical and operational project team members, coordinating activities, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of a project.
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Able to grasp concepts required to understand the overall project scope, and to communicate effectively with project team members, end users and external resources.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and deliverables.
- Competent to work at the highest levels of all phases of project leadership.
- Regularly provides guidance, direction and training to less experienced Project Managers.
- 10+ years of experience in a project management role of software development projects
- Experience with managing scope/schedule/cost for software development projects
- PM's frequently interact with Directors and above - Communication skills must be solid - clear, concise, confident speaker
- Experience leading multiple moderately-sized project teams of eight or more team members within a matrix organization; supervising or leading resources directly or indirectly in a cross-functional team environment; and projects in multiple technologies and/or business functions
- Strong track record of delivering projects on schedule and on budget
- Experience with assembling technical and operational project team members, coordinating activities, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of a project.
- Experience taking projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Ability to manage the integration of vendor tasks and deliverable
- Agile and waterfall experience a plus
- Facets experience
- SDLC experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.