job summary: Senior Software Developer - Fixed Income Trading
Fixed Income Trading application team is looking for one senior candidate to work on Putnam's Fixed Income Trading Platform.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 58 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The application is a very large and complex proprietary Java-based application that supports multiple Business groups at Putnam including Fixed Income Investments, Equity Investments, Front and Back Office Operations, Compliance and Legal departments. Our goal is to migrate the front-end components into a web-based Angular application.
This candidate should possess the following characteristics:
- Quick learner - willing to pick up new technologies - example Angular.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work in an Enhancement/Support mode.
- Willingness to have a flexible work schedule to support production issues and to work with offshore teams
- Experience with Agile is a plus.
- Understanding of Fixed Income securities a huge plus
- Senior programmer who has experience with project and people management.
- Strong knowledge of ORACLE/SQL.
- Basic understanding of Junit and testing frameworks
- Web development experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.