Amazing Oracle Developer
The candidate for the Backend/ETL developer position will be responsible for designing and developing batch/ETL interfaces using the proprietary meta data driven approach as part of the Interface Team.
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The candidate will be responsible for maintenance and support of the existing interface processes including investigation of issues and production troubleshooting. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining the data lineage to facilitate the end to end traceability as and when changes to the ETL.
- Extensive experience with Oracle/Exadata SQL, PL/SQL and perform application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF, AUTOTRACE and AWR Reports. Should have a clear understanding of Oracle Server Process Architecture and memory structures PGA (Program Global Areas) & SGA (System Global Areas) to optimize memory usage.
- Implement ETL solutions for large volume of data by applying various data warehouse modeling techniques like Star Schema, Data partitioning, Data compression, Direct path loads etc. and that maximizes re-usable components and services that incorporate versioning, reconciliation and exception handling
- Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting and/or Perl Scripting. Knowledge of python is desirable.
- Implementation experience with monitoring and measurement of data quality using business rules. Hands on experience hands with data quality assessment and resolution desirable.
- Maintain metadata, data glossary and data catalog processes. Ensure adherence to data security by using data encryption procedures and protocols.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Experience in Financial Industry with some risk background.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is desirable
- Knowledge of Tableau is desirable
skills: Top 3 required IT/Technical skill-sets:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.