job summary: Project Lead - SAP MM
Our client, a provider of best-in-class digital solutions and a world leader in the development of new technologies, is seeking a talented Project Leader to lead the SAP Materials Management (Procure to Pay) process track team globally in leading new Project initiatives and also provide effective and efficient support to existing solutions across the Americas region. This is a great opportunity to work on the latest technology platforms and expand to industry valued Business Intelligence and other logistics, GTS or supply chain management solution areas. It is also an opportunity for those professionals looking for career stability and growth within an organization. As SAP MM Project Leader, you will be responsible for leading project implementation and ongoing support of SAP solutions according to specifications and schedules while meeting quality requirements. Through your contributions as a Project Leader, you will have a key impact on the success of your team's performance and for each of the projects being implemented by:
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Understanding business processes and the IT landscape rapidly
- Formulating adoption of the best practices in meeting the foreseeable or likely challenges
- Framing, reviewing and validating right set of questions for gathering Materials Management process requirements for new initiatives
- Creating or architecting solutions workshops with senior business managers
- Defining and proposing solutions options along with effort estimations
- Rendering advice to senior managers and c-level executives on best business practices and get the buy-in to adopt these practices
- Creating solution road map, integrating multiple disparate processes, and addressing short and long term organizational needs
- Leading creation of detailed solution documentation and presentations
- Leveraging standard processes and architecting innovative solutions for timely execution of the project within the agreed time lines and the cost To be considered:
- Working with your own team (systems analysts, developers etc) and cross-functional project team compositions
- Leading and guiding the team in Production support environment highly focused towards enabling efficient solutions, ensuring utmost customer satisfaction, and meeting SLAs
- Have more than 12 years of SAP experience in the core module of specialization and 5 to 8 years of domain experience.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience as an SAP Systems Lead managing small teams
- Must have hands-on SAP implementation lead experience in multiple Projects with strong knowledge in design, architecting solutions in SAP Materials Management/Logistics Execution (primarily Planning, procurement, inventory management, Valuation, Delivery processing, Shipment processing/Shipment cost processing), GTS (Import processing)
- Have demonstrated experienced as a key contributor to multiple end-to-end SAP implementation projects. Can demonstrate great determination in bringing a solution from conception through realization with great tact and management leading to effective deployment/roll-out of the same across the organization.
- Should have experience in leading team in Production support environment highly focused towards meeting SLAs and ensuring utmost customer satisfaction
- Proven experience in providing production support in all areas of MM and Logistics Execution, GTS (Import) modules of SAP ECC system
- Should also know how MM process integrates with QM, FI, CO, SD and PP modules so as to integrate expert knowledge of own discipline with extensive knowledge of other disciplines in order to develop organizational roadmap and strategy
- Must have expertise in integrating SAP MM with 3PL warehouse solutions
- High level knowledge of SAP SCM and EWM (Extended Warehouse Management) solutions is preferred to support potential use or implementation of the same for supply chain, warehouse and distribution operations
- Have worked on projects using Accelerated SAP methodology for implementations
- International project experience (preferably in LATAM regions) and working in multi-cultural teams would be of advantage
- Must possess abilities to lead and build teams, train the team, possess and practice knowledge of the quality processes and adopted quality standards in projects
- Lead support experience with JSOX (or SOX) compliance
- Must have excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Have professional educational background or certifications such as APICS CPIM or an equivalent work experience
skills: This is not a purely functional role so we are not looking for a project manager. This person needs to be hands on from a configuration stand point. They need to have experience within the system and be strong with core MM.
This would be a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow as a leader as they will be managing projects across the spectrum of implementation, upgrades, support, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.