Sr. Network Engineer
Our client is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer with experience in a mid-sized multi-site environment.
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Responsible for, under general supervision, the planning and design of enterprise IP LAN/WAN network infrastructure and evaluation of current network systems
- Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents computer networks and infrastructure
- Facilitates major network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integration
- Maintains in-depth up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, industry trends, and best practices, for the networking discipline, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, Data Center networking and interconnection
- Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training)
- Drives improvements in network process, efficiency and standardization
- Contributes to the development and analyses of network designs and protocols including prototyping and assessment
- Performs planning, engineering, forecasting and implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of moderate complexity
- Evaluates current network systems; recommends changes in maintenance and network standards; and train support personnel on the conversion and implementation of new systems
- Ensures compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards
- Participates in the diagnosis, isolation and resolution of network problems. Identifies and documents the root cause identifies potential issues in the production environment, and recommends potential solutions
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 6 years of experience in IT Infrastructure/Network environments OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of IT experience in Infrastructure/Network
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in network design, planning, and implementing scalable, highly available, mission critical network infrastructures
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a variety of routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, and RIP
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with network concepts including STP, VPC, MPLS, QoS, and VLAN design
- At least 5 years of experience in managing data center class firewalls (Examples: ASA, Palo Alto)
- At least 3 years of experience with packet captures devices (Examples: Infinistream, Opnet)
- At least 3 years of experience with Netflow analysis tools (Examples: SolarWinds, LiveAction
skills: Certification such as CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or CCDP (Cisco Certified Design Professional
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.