Sr. Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator needed in Murrysville
Responsibilities as a Database Engineer are to maintain the operations of our externally facing critical 24x7 "Software as a Service" systems. Specific responsibilities include:
location: Murrysville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Support of the Product Delivery process, including production releases of critical externally facing products as well as staging and preparing testing and quality assurance environments. Ensure all operations meet current HIPAA, ASIP and other relevant regulatory guidelines. Work directly with the PMO to ensure all project release schedules are met.
- Maintaining appropriate and required compliance and regulatory requirements, involving key process controls and documentation.
- Providing Tier 3 and Tier 4 Operational support of critical 24x7 externally facing medical device software products. Meet or exceed all operational KPI's and SLA's.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly diverse and fast paced team. Identify, cultivate and manage the necessary external relationships with third party providers such as data center hosts, hardware/software vendors and consulting firms.
- Provide architectural and process guidance to both members of this team as well as the product engineering team in order to insure security, performance and availability of all supported products.
- On-call, overnight and weekend work is required to support off hour releases and production operations. Please understand this is not a general statement, this position has strong areas of responsibility in overseas infrastructures and application deployments.
The ideal candidates will possess elements of the following technical disciplines:
- Experience in a regulated healthcare setting or other highly regulated industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field. Masters a plus.
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience supporting external customer facing products including a thorough understanding of hardware\storage, virtualization and networking in both brick and mortar settings as well as cloud based SaaS models.
skills: - Ability to effectively support and manage both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge in supporting and\or administrating Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and MongoDB or any document based repository.
- Previous experience working with and maintaining San Storage Devices. Experience in Snap Mirroring a plus.
- Experience in automation tooling via scripting is highly regarded for role.
- Demonstrated ability to work with rapidly changing development priorities while insuring performance and availability of production systems.
- Strong systems analysis, performance tuning, and troubleshooting skills.
- Support all Database Administration needs, including and not limited to: backups, restores, snapshots, replication, patching, DB deployments, and schema version change scripting within maintenance jobs and schedules.
- Effectively research, develop, test and implement new Database Tuning and maintenance procedures
- Implement and Maintain all Database Security policies, procedure and regulations
- Serve as DBA for operational and strategic planning and projects. Coordinate production releases and changes including technical and scheduling conflict reviews.
- Long term thinking and planning coupled with tactical execution and prioritization skills.
- Coordinate production releases and changes including technical and scheduling conflict reviews.
- Review new application supporting databases including Neo4J and Redis components to ensure compliance with company standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.