The Distributed Engineering team (Senior System Engineer Windows) is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to external customers. Working with Development, Product and other Infrastructure Services teams, the Senior Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business. Delivery of the infrastructure solution includes a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture; hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, as well as project technical lead ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time. A high degree of collaboration with Development and other IS teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, will be self-motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong client-facing skills, leadership skills, will be forward thinking and have the ability to work across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $61 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Technical leadership for project based assignments
- Working with cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available .NET solutions using IIS and related Microsoft technologies.
- Manage one or more of the following technologies: Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM), SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
- Providing technical documentation to project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
- High organizational skills
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
- MS Office skills especially word and excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 5-7 years of professional work experience
- Experience interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing one or more of the following technologies: Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM), SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
- Experience implementing hosted and stand-alone .NET solutions.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, CIFS.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Scripting experience (Batch, WMI, VBScript, Powershell).
- Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.