This Network Engineer will be largely responsible for partnering with field engineers and customers on resolving or escalating Ethernet connectivity and deployment type issues. Typically this person will handle roughly 20-30 calls per day while opening and updating service tickets in a database/tracking system. They will be handling testing and turning up new circuits in a production commercial services environment.
location: Naperville, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $36 - 39 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Demonstrated proficiency with any and all services and equipment types
- Working with the Test and Turn up team, you will be installing new circuits in a production commercial services environment in accordance with the client's practices. You may be involved in improving and making recommendations to these practices.
- Interact with customers in regards to products and services. Troubleshoot and resolve any issues according to the procedures provided.
- Plan and carry out problem solving with technicians and vendors to ensure effective and efficient implementation of new trunk groups and augments to existing trunk groups.
- Plan and work with team to implement new features, upgrades, hardware, and patches in the production environment with the knowledge of the circuit design, turn up, and test.
- Provide accurate information in the database and know when to escalate issues efficiently.
- Create and update work tickets in the database/ ticketing system.
- Focus efforts so as to maintain service Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) within the client's territorial standards.
- Act as a leader and give guidance to junior level teammates.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Make sure every action taken with internal and external customers are professional and courteous.
- No off-hour or weekends.
- 1-3 years of Ethernet implementation/ Networking experience
- Cisco CCNA or Juniper's JNCIA certification are highly preferred but not required
- Carrier Ethernet fundamental knowledge required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Service experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.