The Software Development Engineer position is for a highly motivated person responsible for both developing and supporting external Internet-facing portal applications, web services, and backend batch processing systems. The role encompasses process improvements and automation for existing applications, as well as enhancements and development of new features. There is a strong emphasis on troubleshooting and debugging skills, and overall knowledge of software, hardware, and networking concepts. The job requires interactions with many different groups and will require effective communication skills.
location: Sugar Land, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Web Services (WCF, SOAP, and REST)
- Proficiency in SQL Server Stored Procedures and SQL Server Integration Services
- Create documentation and provide knowledge transfers and code reviews.
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills essential.
- Create secure code that protects against vulnerabilities.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Assurance or high school diploma with 5 years equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (Stored Procedures, SSIS, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS office suite of applications for creating technical documents and presentations.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Understanding of application development processes, languages and tools required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.