job summary: Description:
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with Google Cloud Platform products and services.
- Collect and analyze user behavior via quantitative methods, benchmark studies, lab studies and surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 55.21 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability operate in a very fast-paced environment.
- A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world.
M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into design and product development lifecycle
- Proficiency with several user research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and strong analytic skills
- Demonstration of a strong understanding and application of user experience design principles and best practices
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, with a specific understanding of iterative design and usability testing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies and platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the API and developer space
- Familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks Strong oral and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.