As Scrum Master you will support product teams in adopting best practices for agile delivery methodologies. You will work closely with product owners to help ensure feature requests are (1) well defined and prioritized (2) communicate business value and (3) provide product roadmaps that conveys a clear vision of the product goals. You will also be responsible for supporting the transformation of the Product Owner and Agile teams into self-organizing teams. You will use a proven product management methodology with flexibility to merge different delivery methodologies to accomplish collective goals.
This role will report to the Director of the Project Management office.
location: Madison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Team Management - Servant leader supporting and transforming the Product Owner, Agile Team and Delivery services into self-organizing teams. Assist in team development, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members. Run daily, weekly and monthly traditional or agile ceremonies efficiently. Assess and report Agile maturity to the organization and drive higher level of maturity at a sustainable pace.
- Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in meeting customer expectations for deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping ensure product goals and objectives achieved. Partner with Product Owner in communicating internally and externally: increase transparency and visibility and radiate information
- Process Management- using Agile framework best practices, using inspection and adaption methods. Use collaborative engagement techniques for all sprint ceremonies. (Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand up, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective)
- Team building - promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged and making a meaningful contribution. Encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team. Foster an environment of inspect and adapt to drive continuous improvements and high team morale.
- Solid understanding of product management life cycle models as well as knowledge of Agile framework and traditional project management principles and practices.
- A proven track record of successful implementation of the Agile framework
- Experience overseeing one or more product teams with at least 10-15 cross-functional team members.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is required and 2 years of relevant experience
- PMP, PMI-ACP is a preferred
- BA/BS or 7 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Ability to articulate knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement and transparency.
- Ability to articulate patterns and techniques in burndown management and retrospective management (continuous improvement) and best practices in defect management
- Ability to articulate Agile framework
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate backlog management and productivity tools:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all level
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.