The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) - Finance Technology, reporting to the Director/Senior Manager of Finance, Operations, Compliance, & Legal Technology, will be accountable for the design and configuration of technology solutions supporting our Client's Finance organization
location: Duluth, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for requirements gathering, facilitation of business process discussions, solution design and documentation, application configuration, testing, and end-user support.
- Provide direction and leadership in promoting and implementing best practice solutions for both business process and technology.
- Partner with our managed service provider to proactively address problems and troubleshoot production issues, especially at month/quarter/year-end.
- As part of the Workday platform scrum team contribute to the delivery of recurring platform releases.
- Provide finance technology subject-matter expertise for projects spanning multiple business units and technologies.
- Contribute to and assist in managing the roadmap for revenue recognition technology enhancements.
qualifications: Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of BSA experience supporting finance technology in a complex, publicly-traded, global organization.
- Advanced knowledge of core finance processes, including O2C (O2I + I2C), R2R, etc.
- Significant hands-on experience with Workday Revenue Management module (Financials module a plus).
- Hands on experience with Workday integration platform including Workday Studio, Core Connectors, Cloud Connectors, Enterprise Interface Builders, and Report Writer a big plus.
- Hands-on experience with Workday Expenses a big plus.
- Understanding of accounting standards, including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB-ASC & FASB-ASU), International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), etc.
- Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology.
- Demonstrated experience working with a managed service provider to partner on delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with global teams.
- Proven ability to continuously improve outcomes and processes.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Effectively use data to make better decisions.
- Ability to establish and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
skills: Education & Special Training
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required.
- Master's degree in Accounting, CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines, or MBA, is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.